This is a private blog to plan Acoustic Jam/Song Circle/Parties at my house.
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
What do YOU want to do?
Hi, everyone!!! The first year of Screendale, I hosted a gathering once a month here, which, by the end of the year, dwindled to a few people. I was thinking that maybe we were having them too often, so this year I cut way back to just a few gatherings.... but I miss all of you!!!
Well, one thing I really miss is getting together and 'jamming', I do get to see many of you in other ways.... Some people I have talked to (here and on facebook) have told me they feel uncomfortable with the 'Jam' format, so I am looking for ways to change that so those folks feel more comfortable. I have also thought about restarting the Weekly acoustic jam, but I would need a place to hold it (comfortable, large room, in a business that we can at least have snacks and a drink.... i miss REV!!!!)
I learn so much about music and making it by playing informally with other folks, and my dream is to have a community of musicians who play with and for each other, write together, and generally just hang out together for inspiration. I know that in Catskill, Foggy is developing a close group who seem to be working on projects of various sorts, and that is great, but by definition, excludes folks that don't fit into the project.... I am looking to provide an inclusive area/time/format for people to grow their music in....
Is there any interest or thoughts about that?? Just Music for the FUN of it.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.