This is a private blog to plan Acoustic Jam/Song Circle/Parties at my house.
Sunday, July 16, 2017
DeeFest Report!
Wow, what a fun time we had! Small group with 3 musicians. There were only two people present who were not Neil Young superfans, otherwise known as Rusties. I hope they enjoyed our stories and confessions as much as we enjoy telling them! As you might imagine, given the circumstances, we musicians played a lot of Neil Young songs... or at least songs connected to Neil... or at very minimum, imagined connections to Neil... LOL! I think everyone who had a burger agrees that Bubba makes some fine pieces of meat. Thanks to everyone for contributing to the meal, and special thanks to Joyce, the Never-Cooks/Grills-but-I-WILL-figure-it-out cook, for manning (womanning???) the grill. Dee, you have such a beautiful smile, and when you are singing, you light up the room! Robin, you really need to sing MORE OFTEN here -please? Don, you are going to get tired of hearing me... but bring the guitar. Jill, thanks one more time for alerting me to the danger of the staircase!! Janet, thank you for your shaker and keeping track of the set list (yes, she really did!!!). Richard... you keep the music happening and I love that you did that!!! Lisa, I am so glad to be seeing you so much more lately!!
Sigh. I hope I didn't forget anyone. If I did, it is more because I did not get to bed before 1:30am and was up and at 'em before 8am. Screendale feels lonely without all of you to me.... but Tequila is glad she can use her porch again, to hiss at Hammer-cat periodically.
Thank you to everyone! Watch this space for news on the next screendale, tentative date is August 12, i think... more to follow!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.